Thursday, February 12, 2009

If I Was an Eggplant

Omg, omg, omg, I asked the nice lady at the library if they have Watchmen graphic novel and she said yes! They just came in and haven't even been unpacked yet! BRAND NEW. So she told me to come back next week when all of the graphic novels will be unpacked. Sadly, since I know just a little bit about the novel, I think I kinda know what's gonna happen in the movie and who's the bad guy and all.

I just watched Slumdog Millionaire at Maria's. One of the best movies I've ever seen! I had no idea that Dev Patel was such a great actor. I mean judging by his skills in Skins, he didn't seem like he could act but the movie completely changed my mind! The movie also made me realized how sad the lifestyle in some parts of India is. It made me want to save India when I get rich enough. Maria and Jessica laughed at me when I told them that. Such supportive friends I have.

Oh and Dev Patel is also going to play Zuko in The Last Airbender! I would have preferred a um, hotter Zuko but at least it's not Jesse McCartney. And M. Night Shyamalam is directing it, which is...weird. Because he normally directs creepy movies. But one good thing out of it is that Jackson Rathbone is definitely playing Sakka. But I've never seen the comedic side of him yet. So I guess it will be a love it or hate it movie for me?

Why do I keep reviewing movies in my blog? I feel like such a dork. Maybe it's because there's nothing going on in my life. Hahahaha.

And geez, young Asseff is pretty cute in The Kite Runner. Why do people laugh at me when I point this out? Just because he's a 12-14 year old rapist, doesn't mean he can't be hott!

A few people actually told me this past week that they had/want to kill themselves. But they should appreciate their lives and not do such things when there are starving kids in Africa eating sand! And yes, THEY DO EAT SAND. Maria laughed at me when I said this, claiming that nobody would eat sand. But I read an article about it!...somewhere.

In the Mix, the worse.movie.ever. Usher can't act for a piece of used hanky. And I didn't know Italian mafias can't insult properly. One of them called Usher an eggplant. Usher must be shaking now, being compared to an eggplant and all. Just imagine, being all purple and long and bendy with those green thingies on top of your head and you don't even resemble an egg, or a plant. Life as an eggplant. Must be a long one. I'm glad I'm not an eggplant.

And ZOMG. This guy in my art class has a super awesome accent! At first someone told me that he was South African but then somebody else told me that he was Australian. And after I heard him said 'krikey that water is hot' and 'pass me that paper would you mate?' and 'Ms. Ritt-uh?(when it should be Ms. Ritter)', I've decided that he's an Aussie.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com