Friday, March 13, 2009

The End is Nigh: Spoilers!

Read at your own risk. Actually there really isn't any spoilers that I wrote. But you can't really trust my judgment... so yeah, read at your own risk.



YES. I have finally watch WATCHMEN. I watched it today with Sarah and Maria. It was amazing! It followed the book exactly and all the characters were perfect! They even look like the ones in the book. I was a little disappointed with Malin Akerman. She didn't play the part well, and although I did kinda find Silk Spectre 2 a little annoying in the book, she's even more annoying in the movie. She couldn't even cry properly and that whole scene looked like a joke. When she was about to shoot Veidt was also lame. The way she said the line was funny.
It should have been "Veidt, you asshole" but she said "you're such an asshole". YES, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.

Matthew Goode played Veidt better than I expected! He's such a babe! And he's British too, which is always a plus...I think.




The fight scenes were a little more brutal than I expected. More bloodied. You can definitely tell that it was the work of the director who also directed 300.

I am definitely going to buy the DVD and watch the whole thing again!

I have to say, the guy who played Rorshach, Jackie Earle Haley, was amazing! He was the perfect Rorsarch!Jeffrey Dean Morgan played The Comedian well too. He even looks like him! And Patrick Wilson was a perfect Night Owl. Although he had to put on a few pounds for the character he still looks kinda hott, especially after he had sex with Silk Spectre 2. The guy who played Dr. Manhattan, Billy Crudup, was okay.For some reason Dr. Manhattan looked really cute to me in the movie. The part when he was examining the bra was funnier than it's supposed to be.

I just realized that they didn't put in the scene when the first Night Owl got killed by some gangsters. But oh well, I guess it wasn't really important anyway.

But the annoying thing was the cinema kept cutting the scenes when Dr. Manhattan was naked. It's not that I wanted to see his package,(I've already seen it in the book, it's awfully small, it was kinda funny to look at)but Dr. Manhattan says a lot of important stuff in those scenes!It is not his fault he feels uncomfortable in human clothes.



And the picture above, I caught it in between scenes so many times! I was so excited.

Ooh and MyChem's cover of Desolation Row was played only at the end of the movie. I really thought it was gonna be in the movie because Gerard Way said that it was played during an important scene. Oh well.

I'm sleepy. I'm going to dream of making out with the REAL Frank Iero. Maria claimed that she dreamt she made out with 'Frank' last night. Pfft, not even in her dreams! That was clearly an imposter of Frank Iero.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com