Today was the Merdeka celebration and my last day at Cahaya. Emilie came! And as we expected, the performances were boring and I fell asleep for like 40 seconds. Not that I was counting. Although I did kinda got a little interested in the shuffle performances, only because I realize it's a form of story telling. A nonsensical one, but a story nonetheless.
I really thought I wasn't going to cry because I, and a few others know how insensitive I am to these kinda things. But as soon as everyone got all 'semangat' and was singing the merdeka songs, i felt emotional and started sobbing. SOBBING, not crying. I realized that this will be the last high school merdeka celebration for me. And it was pretty embarrassing when people took notice. Crying in public is worse than bleeding. Unless it's excessive bleeding that can cause death.
And get this, we had to continue with our lessons after the thing was over...in our traditional costumes! Which was freaking hot. And then halfway through our agama lesson, some people including Nadja were screaming outside in the hallway. We all thought it was just a I'm-having-fun-running-down-the-hallway-for-no-reason scream. But it turned out they were actually screaming 'FIRE'. So we slowly took our time to go outside to the football field where we thought we had to assemble but it turned out it was outside the foyer. We were late and all got scolding. Then they sent us back again. Only a few minutes after that we heard some annoying drilling sound, above the agama room. It turned out to be the fire drill alarm bell and we made our way to the same place again only with a quicker pace this time. Fire drill at a time like this? Wait no, two fire drills! They just had to pick the day when we were all drenching in sweat wearing our kurung and whatnot.
During lunch time, me, Emz, Aisyah and Hanis did a lot of butt-slapping. I cannot recall how it started but before we knew it, we were walking with our backs to the wall to protect our asses from being slapped. Then we all fooled around in the Prefect room with Emily, Liyana, Li Yun and some other people.
Then we had to say our goodbyes because Aisyah, Hanis, Liyana, Nadja and Farhana were going for bowling already. We hugged a few times and then Emilie and I started going around thanking and saying goodbye to teachers. but we didn't get a chance to thank a few teachers. Mr. Naidu was absent, En. Alias suddenly disappeared and Mr. Ariff was surrounded by weird looking students.
After table tennis, we said goodbyes to a lot of people including Emily, Jascinta, Evelyn, Faza and Akmal. Although some of them didn't know it was my last day.
Sigh. I hate being the new girl all over again.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Bittersweet, buttslapping moment..
Posted by
Dianah
at
3:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
hey.. i just got your comment.. i just created my blog like 4 days ago or sumthin.. yeah..six wks with her..i'll definitely live and survive, only with deep wounds all round my body..
ps: beavers' got sharp teeth.
Post a Comment