Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Torn

I DO NOT HAVE ANY SENSE OF DIRECTION FOR MY FUTURE.

I am torn between majoring in law and majoring in science. I'm pretty interested in both, only I think I will get less bored with law than science. My mom thinks I should be in law because she thinks that's the type of person I am or something while my dad said I can do better than law, so I should do science. Everybody is so set on what they want to be except ME.

I am extremely annoyed. Actually I've been extremely annoyed at some people today. I felt like shouting unintelligent stuff, make empty threats and throw stuff. Last time I felt like this I nearly threw a lamp at my brother. Unfortunately my dad came into the room.

One of those people I'm annoyed at today was Mrs. Painter. I am sorry, I know her intentions are good and I am one of the few people that she normally praises in class (because I'm quiet and all) and is very nice too, but I am so sick of her teaching methods. She's 68 years old, people starts losing their memory at 65. And being old makes her very touchy in a way that makes her so defensive when a student questions her teaching method or doesn't pay attention that she will punish in the most ridiculous ways. She thinks she can just punish sophomore students as if they were kindergarten kids.

That's not even half of what I think of her teaching methods but I'm not gonna rant because I already did that to my parents. My mom said she might complain to Mr. Bouderou, the guy in charge of the student body or something.

And I will never read Julius Caeser the same way again. Brian got me thinking of sick thoughts whenever I read it.

Brian: You know what's the best way to read this? Just think of them in a sick way, you know American Pie? Yeah just like that.
Mrs. Painter: So what can you tell is happening here? What does Flavius mean by 'they vanish tongue-tied in their guiltiness'?
Brian: SEE!
*both bursts out laughing*
*some other people laughed because Brian made this funny laughing noise*
Mrs. Painter: EXCUSE ME! What is going on here??
Brian: Um, nothing, I was just explaining to her about something here.*points to book*

After she noticed me not paying attention she asked me a question which I couldn't answer.
The scary part was that I actually DID thought of something sick when she said 'tongue-tied'! And that word isn't even an obvious sexual innuendo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I can't use the c-box. When I type something into it, it doesn't key it in. Anyway, I just wanted to say, I'm not set on what I want to do either. Do you have a guidance counsellor at school? Maybe you can ask her about various subject options that are flexible enough to be mended into any career. But if you're in school, you should do Science. I mean, a person from a Science background can go into an Art's background with no problem. It would be a lot harder the other way round.

Dianah said...

yeah you're right. I have come to the same conclusion too. I've decided to double up on science. JUST IN CASE. Yeah i do have a counselor but whenever i go to meet her there will always be a long line. Thanks emz, u might just saved my future!

 
template by suckmylolly.com